Release notes for version 1.2.0
We have some exciting updates in our first big release since Crown Connect has come out of beta. We made many changes underneath the hood to ensure Crown will be ready for all the new features we plan to release this year. You’ll also notice that most of the areas of Crown got a fresh new coat of paint, and most importantly, some additional features and tweaks suggested by your feedback.
- Look at your transactions data daily, monthly, and yearly.
- Show and hide the Transaction Summary panel. – Because there may be times you don’t want your patients to see all that Moolah you’re generating!
Payment plans got the most significant overhaul in this release.
Creating Payment Plans
- Add a down payment – the down payment gets deducted from the payment plan total.
- When reviewing payment plans, you can now edit the date and amount per cycle to better customize the patient’s payment schedule.
- Patient authorization – Send a text message to the patient to review their payment plan, read the terms and sign electronically. Authorization details can be referenced at any time in the payment plan details.
Editing Existing Payment Plans
Edit individual cycles in the schedule with the following capabilities:
- Process a scheduled payment before its payment date.
- Edit the date and amount per cycle.
- Skip a payment, and move it to the next cycle.
- Skip a payment, and move it to the last cycle.
- Skip a payment, and move it to a new cycle at the end of the payment plan.
We hope this gives you the maximum flexibility in setting up and editing existing plans. Please let us know if we missed something.
Below is a video that walks you through all new payment plan features:
Online Payment Pages (NEW)
Some of you may already have a payment page through Moolah or have created a Poynt online payment link. Before this release, none of these online payment pages had any direct integration with Open Dental.
Crown now has integrated online payment forms! Easily configure your page and link directly to a branded page or embed the payment form directly on your website. Payments submitted through these new payment pages will post into Bride, and if we can make a proper match, we will automatically post the payment to the patient’s ledger in Open Dental. If we can’t make a match, you’ll get notified via email, as well as the Crown dashboard. From the Crown dashboard, you’ll be able to associate the correct patient, and we’ll post the payment to Open Dental.
Below is a video that walks you through how to create, distribute, and embed your payment form:
Pay by Text (Renamed)
We have renamed Pay by Text to Payment Requests; we think that’s a more fitting name since you can send via email too. Payment requests have the following additions:
- Ability to copy the payment link. Link available in the header of the payment request details.
- Reminder history
Settings got a visual overhaul and the following additions:
- Open Dental – Multi-Clinic Support – Assign payments to the desired clinic.
- Open Dental – Payment Types – Choose which payment type definition you want transactions assigned.*
- Open Dental – Payment Allocations – Choose which payment allocation you want transactions assigned.*
- Memberships – Create Terms and Conditions – Used for electronic review and approval.
- Payment Plans – Create Terms and Conditions – Used for electronic review and approval.
* To take advantage of these new settings, the Crown app that runs on your Open Dental server will need to be upgraded. To request this upgrade, please contact us.
- Ability to remove all stored cards. (as long as a card isn’t attached to a payment plan and membership.)
What’s Coming – 2022 Roadmap
We have an exciting list of enhancements planned for 2022; here are a few of the things we’re working on:
- Automatic procedure and provider allocations for terminal payments. (Coming in the next release)
- Payment Plans – Deeper integration into Open Dental
- Memberships – Deeper integration into Open Dental
- Memberships – Membership page you can link to, giving your patients the ability to sign up for memberships directly through your website.
- Insurance Payments – Process insurance reimbursements issued via credit card. (virtual or physical)
- Payment Requests – Bring in a list of patients with outstanding balances and bulk send payment requests.
- Payment Requests – Set up an automatic reminder schedule.
- Payment Requests – Post requests to the Open Dental com log.
- Text and Email Customization – Ability to customize any email or text communications to patients. Globally and individually.
Talk to us!
We’re always listening to enhancements requests to make Crown more powerful. Keep them coming, and you may see your request in a future release. If you need any assistance, please contact us.